Monday, February 7, 2011

At 30,000 ft

It has been some time since my last post, and for that, I apologize.

At present, I am flying to Melbourne to connect to my South Africa flights eventually landing in Durban. This is probably the most exciting 20 hr trip of my 25 years. Why? Well, this is my last flight as a single man. In Durban, I will be united with three things...1) my beautiful wife to be 2) the city of my birth & 3) my family.

It's overwhelming in every sense of the word.

This is one of those defining life milestones (the weightiest besides salvation) you dream of as a child such as driving for the first time, graduating, or turning 21. They all seem kilometers away yet they arrive as if they were within arms reach all along.

The best part of it all is that this whole process of meeting Cands, falling in love and becoming best friends has looked nothing like what I expected. It has been far better.

Great adventures to come!

I'll keep you posted. (excuse the pun)

Joshua


Sent from my iPhone